Thursday, October 27, 2011

In my high school I was very much so the star student. Not to brag on myself, but I was indeed... All the above for the high school student in UpState NY. But lately what's been on my mind is the amount of writing that I was doing in middle and high school. When I graduated from high school everyone automatically assumed I was going to school for English, Journalism, some sort of writing. But I didn't. I enrolled as a Political Science major, left as a Graphic Design major. Though I didn't graduate, I thought I had figured out my niche in the career world. Now everyday, I'm thinking about if I should of went into writing instead, seeing as how it's been my passion. Had I been just so concerned about the money? The life I wished to live, achieve, you know the financially stable "successful" life... I have a problem with my generation. My generation is very concerned with instant gratification. I truly hate that, I hate the fact that there's really no originality & how people don't really have any self-identity. It's really hard to be taken seriously in among a majority of wolves. So where do I start again when I'm done where I currently am? Do I continue down the path that I believe will lead me to success, or do I go with my heart, my natural talent, and make the most of what can be my "situation"? Those are the questions that have been poking at my mind. I'll let y'all know when I've found the answer.
Salaam,

No comments:

Post a Comment